Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) by the contributors
The scientific research near the forty years in the making “to save for nation billions of dollars annually” is seeking for contribution. We’ll be able to capture knowledge before it is created, i.e. to transform the patchwork of our thoughts into the knowledge.
We are dedicated redefine software development, introducing the framework (software development “methodology”) for software development, eliminating a Coding.
This framework is called Calculus for Programming and based on implementation of the new (and only one of this kind in the industry) method of imperative programming for visual paradigm – Executable Pictograms.
This framework intended to be delivered as a standard feature (in the form of Computing platform), enhancing group productivity tools by utilizing functionality of the specification-designing, presentation, design development and implementation in the ontology based, holistic way as an interactive WYSIWYG blueprint. This blueprint is delivered in the form of 3D interactive graphics with hypertext (plain 2D presentation of the document is optional).
The implementation of the adaptive ontology used, is called Calculus χπ.
• Having a wrong tool and using it in the wrong way, it's hard to fix it. Instead, we prefer to have a visual language for calculus and visual calculus for programming. It’s how we rediscover a Programming, leaving the Coding in the past.
Here we are talking about the software development. As of today, there is no any other theory or methodology supporting the use of ontology in the process of software development, eliminating Coding. Presentation of the process of development is supported by 3D graphics and a hypertext according to the methodology. We have a bunch of applications for modeling, e.g. UML. They cover needs for ontology, with the set of Frames, to collect data about the problem, to create a program, which is coded or/and synthesized in this case. All of them imply the use of coding, i.e. a calculus for coding is used. There is no specification, design and development of the frames (in the case of UML, we are not designing nor developing the frames by itself, we are just using them), which imply the use of the process of ontology designing, presentation, development and her adaptation, which we call Calculus for Programming. Contrary, the calculus for programming is employed in our methodology of the software development. Somebody can say, “Growing use of ontology”, in reality it means the growing use of only a word “Ontology”. And nobody knows (but us) how “to eat it” (to integrate with it) and what the difference among the Programming and Coding is. Calculus for programming, defining a programming, which is derived and accumulated from a process of designing and developing of the ontology for specification of many problems and algorithms of calculations to solve them. And Calculus for Coding is derived from coding by itself, adding different layers of abstraction, thus creating different “programming” (i.e., in reality, coding) languages. Each time, when we are reasoning over code, we derive each time, the calculus for programming, to construct mentally a specification, of what it is created, to reason about it, thus reasoning about it become extremely obscured. And this is fundamentally wrong. Programming means we construct, present, design and develop a specification of a problem, embracing Calculus for Programming, based on adaptable ontology. We are constructing, presenting, designing and developing an interactive WYSIWYG 3D blueprint for every problem, which we solve on the computer in the environment of the group of developers and domain experts. And this is our Code (knowledge Code – enriched in this way by natural language), which could very conveniently serve as input for AI, to process the knowledge or to be applied to bring in a knowledge about computing to the Quantum Computer, or just serve as an interactive 3D blueprint, in the case we want to comprehend and contemplate the whole picture.
Our concept is confirmed as a foundation for the billions of a billion-dollar computer and Internet of Things industry. It’s a global educational platform, globally used SaaS (quantum Computing),
Our WEB is the commercial presentation of the concept. To create a feeling of what it is all about, providing examples.
My science in desperate need of some attention to continue R&D and come up with something more substantial for your organization.
Now we are ready to say: - “Programming is not the same as Coding”. Use an E-mail to address your questions or
Our company is on the mission to raise a fund to conduct R&D on intense and wide spared scale. To achieve the ultimate goals of creating:
•Global educational platform of Calculus for Programming •The platform for globally used SaaS (Software as a Service). •SaaS embedded into the hardware of the new architecture computers and IoT. •SaaS as a part of Quantum computing infrastructure. •New computer architecture with denied access to the code to the public (access granted to the manufactures only).
To make a wire transfer or simple contributions, go online:
for the examples of the 2D blueprint printout (Version 3), follow the link:
Then, for the detailed presentation of the 2D blueprint printout, click on the little icons at the top of the page. One of them could be reached, following the link (big enough picture, to test your equipment for performance productivity):
Investments, instead of contributions, could be considered a meaningful amount at a wide range of money, ranging from
$70 000 annually to 5 billion for a decade, if the hardware production tools will be deployed.
"Describe what you will use the money for":
• The money will be used for fundamental research leading to a theoretical foundation, named “Calculus for programming. Calculus χπ”, for specification, design and systems engineering in a generic domain-independent fashion, using, the type of computer software so called WYSIWYG CASE, as the tool.
• The money will be used to introduce the theory “Calculus for programming. Calculus χπ” to the experts of different domains.
• The money will be used to introduce this foundational theory to the academic society and promulgate it.
• The money will be used to expand R&D of the method “Executable Pictograms” of imperative programming for visual programming (not coding) paradigm. (The concept implemented before 1974 as a complementary technique to enhance reading data structures on the paper blueprint of the project, developed since 1977 in Lithuania and continued as of today in the USA, what has led to this foundational theory “Calculus for programming. Calculus χπ”, separating two notions in computer science – Programming and Coding.)
• The money will be used by company “Executable Pictograms, LLC” to keep research a flow and, if it not objected by the contributor, to finance the contract with the “Intentional Software Corporation” to build a prototype of a WYSIWYG CASE tool, as a workbench, embracing the foundational concept Calculus χπ. (I am the founder, CEO/CTO of the company “Executable Pictograms, LLC” and the author of the theory “Calculus for programming. Calculus χπ”).
• The money will be used to publish theoretical results and develop an educational platform to achieve literacy in systems engineering (by using a computer) across every educational juncture (e.g., elementary, secondary, and postsecondary levels [College/University]).
What unique things would separate you from other applicants applying for this money?
The theory “Calculus for programming. Calculus χπ” is the only theory as of today for programming, which allows capture effectively domain specific knowledge before it’s created and reasoning as to knowledge blueprint independently of the computer code. (We consider a Programming by itself as an academic presumptive discipline about the knowledge capturing (acquiring) before it is created. And Calculus “Ex..P” for programming is a knowledge frame to support it, i.e. to capture (acquire) the knowledge before it is created, or otherwise, to transform patchwork of thoughts into the knowledge). This is a perfect match to Intentional Programming, introduced by Charles Simonyi, to use as an implementation platform. Altogether they will be used as the foundation of a new computer architecture for faultless specification, design and systems engineering in a generic domain-independent fashion, embracing concept based on the restriction of the direct public access to the machine code. Thus creating a very beneficial digital environment, where identity theft, hacking and software piracy are limited by hardware architecture and naturally secured by corporations’ multibillion dollar manufacturing investments to make access to machine code granted only to IoT hardware infrastructure through M2M communication.
Let’s take a look into Bill Gates' prediction on the future of the Software and Computer relationship:
“INTERVIEWER: Do you think there will ever be a radical change in the way people go about programming, or in the way computers operate?
GATES: … . Software tools are getting so much better. It is possible that we will eventually be able to take just specifications and a description of what the machine is efficient at, and then have some super high-level compiler do a lot of the work that programmers do now…”
We’ll follow a little bit different approach. Instead, “… to take… a description of what the machine is efficient at…” we just will pursue to build the computer, which is efficient at editing Calculus “Core Pictograms” and projecting them into intentions (Calculus χπ) to transform a patchwork of thoughts into knowledge about the problem and solution.
That means total IT industry transformation, saving billions of dollars in losses for the nation. According to National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) software defects cost nearly $60 Billion annually. Some sources provide worldwide costs of IT failure at $3 trillion. This sad story told by numbers in loss over decades gives us the credible proof: “We can’t simply substitute “Programing” with “Coding”. We should invent it”.
What's the difference between UML CASE tool and the WYSIWYG CASE tool CAPDP (the project of the Executable Pictograms, LLC) by the terms of the definitions?
• The UML CASE tool is the software application with the interface integrating the problem specification on the fixed knowledge frames and the generation of the computer code to solve the problem. The knowledge about a programming is captured in the calculus for coding theory and implemented as one of the legacy programming languages.
• The WYSIWYG CASE tool CAPDP is the software application with the interface embracing the “Calculus for Programming” theory as the knowledge design code (Calculus χπ), replacing legacy computer code, to capture in the holistic way the knowledge about a programming, and the knowledge (before it’s created) about the problem and the solution. The part of this code, designated to capture the knowledge about the programming, is called Calculus “Core Pictograms”, which employ the set of Core Pictograms in the problem domain environment. The knowledge captured is projected as the blueprint for each of the solutions to the problems. There is no legacy computer code (programming languages) accessible through the interface. Instead, there is the code Calculus χπ implementing the theory. That’s why we call the theory “Calculus for programming. Calculus χπ” – the new foundational concept for the new computer architecture, restricting (for the public - the end user) the access to the legacy computer code.
• Show the difference among the Programming and Coding.
•Illustrate what does the notions “Calculus for programming”, “Calculus χπ” and Calculus “Core Pictograms” mean.